[Gambas-user] What is the use of Tag property

Michael mdavies5 at ...169...
Sun Dec 12 00:22:14 CET 2010

If you want a practical example. I have a data form with Edit, Add and
Save buttons. When I click Edit or Add I set the tag property of the
form; it can be anything "add" "edit or "1" and "2". When the Save
button is clicked I then know which action to take. It's use is purely
at the developer's discretion. In a sense it works as a global variable
but is better because nobody likes globals.

Regards
Michael