[Gambas-user] First look at Gambas 3

Michael mdavies5 at ...169...
Fri Dec 3 04:53:25 CET 2010

Benoit,
The output from Valgrind is attached. I added the leak-check option to
give you more information. The application was just automatically
generated by Gambas 3 with Fform to which I added 1 menu item with no
action code. The same bug appears in an app I ported from gambas2.

On unrelated matters re: Porting from Gambas 2 to Gambas 3. I have the
following problems.
1. The color options offered in Gambas 3 are different to Gambas 2. All
my pale blue forms are now pink.
2. I used font Ubuntu +1 for QT text boxes in G2. In Gambas 3 the same
font appears huge. I had to change it to ubuntu -1.  In a Frame control
the font is always bold in G3 but in G2 I could set it to 'normal'
without problem.
3. All the forms copied from G2 were reduced in size. This was probably
caused by the Desktop.Height which I use to format forms based on video
resolution. My system is 1680*1050 resolution and G2 reports
Desktop.height as 1050. G3 reports desktop height as 1002! The desktop
width is reported correctly. Have you changed the method of measuring
desktop.height?

It seems upgrading from Gambas 2 to 3 is not a trivial exercise.

Thanks for your help
Michael