[Gambas-user] First look at Gambas 3

Michael mdavies5 at ...169...
Thu Dec 2 13:08:02 CET 2010

I have been successfully running Gambas 2.2.1 and have just successfuly
installed V3. using:
$ svn checkout
https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/trunk/

I loaded a V2 project into V3 and it wouldn't run.Error was "Bad form
file version in class...".
I modified all my form files to replace the header with "# Gambas Form
File 3.0" but I still get the same message.

I tried creating a new project and this runs OK but with a warning
"warning: unable to load Qt translation: en_AU.UTF-8". When I close the
form running in the IDE I get the familiar "The program has stopped
unexpectedly by raising signal #11.". It happens whether or not the
project is marked as translatable.

Is there any way to import a V2 project into V3?
The second problem may not be so serious. If I compile the project it
runs ok with no error messages.
Any help appreciated.
Mike