[Gambas-user] ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'Action': Unable to load class file

Wauters, Kris (Antwerpen) Kris.Wauters at ...2514...
Thu Dec 2 11:31:52 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm now to this mailing-list, but I'm already using Gambas for over a year now,
and I'm a very happy with it :)
Recently, I bought a mini2440 (ARM-processor board), and I installed Debian Lenny Armel version on it.
After this, I installed gambas2 via "apt-get install gambas2".

The problem is, when I try to run Gambas, I get the following message:
ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'Action': Unable to load class file
(I get this same error when running as root)

Next, nothing happens and I get my cursor back at the terminal prompt.
I did search the web for this problem, but I can't find anything related to my problem :-(

In the meanwhile, I followed the Gambas Debian installation/compilation guide on gambas.sourceforge.net
I did :
$ aptitude install build-essential g++ automake autoconf bzip2 debhelper dpatch firebird2.0-dev
gettext kdelibs4-dev libbz2-dev libcurl3-dev libgtk2.0-dev libjpeg62-dev
libmysqlclient15-dev libpcre3-dev libpng12-dev libpoppler-dev libpq-dev
libqt3-compat-headers libqt3-mt-dev librsvg2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev
libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev
libssl-dev libxml2-dev libxtst-dev mesa-common-dev unixodbc-dev zlib1g-dev libffi-dev

next, I did ./reconf-all
and a ./configure

I get a list of lots of components beeing disabled. (mysql, v4l etc ...)
Those are components I really need, so re-compiling myself is not an option at the moment.
(having not enough knowledge to do this, I have a .NET / windows background (shame on me))

Can someone please point me out in the right direction ?
Also, I have the ability to put this ARM device onto the internet, and allow SSH access to it,
in case anyone wants to try it out themselves ...

Thanks in advance,
best regards from Belgium,
Kris

Information in this email and any attachments is confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed
or otherwise directed. Please note that any views or opinions presented
in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The Company accepts no liability for any damage
All SGS services are rendered in accordance with the applicable SGS
conditions of service available on request and accessible at
http://www.sgs.com/terms_and_conditions.htm