[Gambas-user] A minor bug with TabStrip Control - GTK

Ian Roper ian.roper at ...1974...
Sun Aug 29 04:45:18 CEST 2010

Greetings all,

I think I have found a minor bug with the TabStrip control where the
Tabs remain 'invisible'  when you toggle the visibility mode while it is
in the foreground of another control.
I could not find this bug listed anywhere - it may have already been
fixed in V3.

Gambas version used in testing 2.20.
Issues only occurs with gb.gtk - gb.qt seems to be fine.

[To Test set project properties to gb.gtk]

I created a standard form with a:
Gridview control
TabStrip control
Label control in the body of Tab[0]  (to test visibility of controls in
TabStrip body).
Button

I set the arrangement of the TabStrip control to - 'Bring To Foreground'
in the GUI.

The area of the Tabs in the TabStrip control must be over the background
control.

[Code used to display bug.]

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
TabStrip1.Visible = FALSE
END

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()

  TabStrip1.Visible = TRUE

END

When you click on Button1 the body of the TabStrip becomes visible - the
label control in Tab[0] is visible.
The tabs ( any number ) remain invisible provided they are over the
background control.

Note # If you add the line Gridview1.visible = FALSE to the Button1
Click event , the tabs of the TabStrip control are then visible at run
time.

I found that every control I tested as the background control ( Panel,
Text box, Frame...) produced the same results as long as the Tabs were
over the background control.

Regards,
Ian Roper
Perth - Western Australia