[Gambas-user] Question about collections and inheritance

Daniel Rojas lord.quo at ...626...
Fri Aug 27 20:40:19 CEST 2010

   Hi all.

   I'm trying to code a very basic Xml Excel Generator, and I'm workin with
a collection. This is my code:

' Gambas class file

Inherits Collection

Public Function Add($ID As String) As Style

  Dim $style As New Style($ID)

  Super.Add($style, $ID)

  Return $style

End

Public Function _GetXml() As String

  Dim $style As Style
  Dim $text As String = "\t<s:Styles>\n"

  For Each $style In Me
    $text &= $style._GetXml() & "\n"
  Next

  $text &= "\t</s:Styles>"
  Return $text

End

   Style is another class I have. My class inherits the Collection class and
I override the Add function. All of this works fine, my question is about
another Collection functionality:

    With a normal Collection we can do something like this:

  Dim $col As Collection
  $col.Add("My value", "key")
  Print *$col["key"]*

   I can access to my item whit his "key". How can I override this
functionality in my class, because Gambas return me a Variant data type
element and I want to return my own data type, my Style class.

   Thanks.

P.S. Sorry my english, I trying to learn it but I'm still newbie

Daniel Quintero desde la Ciudad de México