[Gambas-user] Clipboard problem in Gambas

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Mon Aug 23 23:51:29 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 24 August 2010 01:03:43 Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > 1. Thank you for your response, it works better now.
> >
> > 2.The  problem of shortcuts keys Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X is: when I use those
> > shortcut keys, I can paste only to the Gambas project editor window from
> > where I copy (I can paste to different tabs). When I switch to other
> > windows e.g gedit or an other Gambas project window, there's nothing to
> > paste. But when return to the first Gambas project window, I still can
> > paste. It's like that the shortcut keys use a "local clipboard" not the
> > clipboard of system. But this problem doesn't happen with the context
> > menu. (Paste here include both Ctrl+V and menu).
>
> Strange: it works perfectly as expected there. I copy some text with
>  CTRL+C, and I paste it in gedit with CTRL+V, and that works!
>
> Regards,

I've changed the topic header - but just to comment here, this is a long
standing and inconsistant problem I've noticed in the linux environment
gambas.

I has has happened more to more when I do ctrl C or use a menu with a copy
option, then switch immediately to gambas and do a Ctrl V or visa-versa.

On the occasions it dosn't work, either nothing pastes, or what pastes was
from some previous copy.

Can't reproduce it  not common - but just repeating that it does exist. My two
linux distro's I've experienced this in as ARCH and KUbuntu.

Regards

Richard