[Gambas-user] WebBrowser - read out the shown html document

Andreas Fröhlke afroehlke at ...784...
Wed Aug 4 13:35:14 CEST 2010

Hi Dimitris,

thanks, thanks, thanks for this solution. It works perfectly.

Regards

- Andreas -

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dimitris Anogiatis [mailto:dosida at ...626...]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. August 2010 11:24
An: mailing list for gambas users
Betreff: Re: [Gambas-user] WebBrowser - read out the shown html document

Hey Andreas,

>From what I've read in the documentation there's no text property or any
other way to get the source code of the currently showing webpage in the
webbrowser control... yet; so after a bit of googling this is what I've come
up with.

assuming that your webbrowser control is called Webbrowser1 you can do this

PUBLIC SUB WebBrowser1_Click()
DIM tempHTML AS String
DIM tempLink AS String

tempLink = WebBrowser1.Link
SHELL ("wget -qO- " & tempLink & "|cat") TO tempHTML
PRINT tempHTML
END

This piece of code will retrieve the code of the page you just clicked and
send the html code to the tempHTML variable
It's a bit crude, not 100% tested but I think it works.

I hope this helps till someone else has a better way to do it from within
the webbrowser control

Regards
Dimtris