[Gambas-user] 10.04 issue

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Apr 30 11:39:35 CEST 2010

> Gambas was installed as described for karmic on the link bellow:
>
> http://www.domotiga.nl/wiki/Gambas/Install
>
> I did it 1 month ago and the version is the latest one: 2.20
> It worked perfectly under karmic from the IDE and also the executables
> generated by Gambas.
>
> Robi

So you installed it from sources.

According to your error message, I think you have to recompile and reinstall
gambas, because apparently the libmysqlclient shared library was upgraded to a
new version.

On Linux, an executable stores the shared libraries it needs with their
version. Note that is a "compatibility" version, not necessarily the
development version number of the library. For example, the KDE 4 core shared
library is "libkdecore.so.5"!

When you upgrade a distribution, the shared libraries are upgraded too, but
the old versions are not kept, they are removed.

So the gambas interpreter that was linked with old shared libraries do not
find them anymore! By recompiling it, you will fix the problem.

Of course, it could happen that the new shared library is so incompatible,
that gambas will not compile anymore. But then it is my problem, and I will
fix it for sure!

Benoît Minisini