[Gambas-user] Accent letters blocked

Mon Apr 26 11:03:11 CEST 2010

Hi all,

One of my Gambas2 projects is a simple app that lets our students learn
typing. It blocks all Backspace etc. and counts keys/minute and so on.

In TextArea1_KeyPress() there is this part:

   IF key.Control THEN     'skip Ctrl+Key
     STOP EVENT

   ELSE                    'skip all those simple keys:
     SELECT CASE key.Code
     CASE key.BackSpace, key.BackTab, key.Delete
       STOP EVENT
     CASE key.Down, key.Up, key.Left, key.Right
       STOP EVENT
     CASE key.Home, key.End, key.PageDown, key.PageUp
       STOP EVENT
     CASE key.Control
       STOP EVENT
     END SELECT

   END IF

(Everything else there is just for counting and so on)

Today we found that it blocks accented keys (like in French) as well, so
there is no way to type é or è and such... The app has been running
under Gambas1 on this machine for several years, and I only upgraded it
to Gambas2 couple of weeks ago. So this might be a feature of Gambas2...

I cannot find anything wrong in the code above, do you see where the
code blocks accents?

Thanks for all your ideas!

Rolf