[Gambas-user] TextBox and CR

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Wed Apr 21 15:45:34 CEST 2010

> the IF clause will jump out and deliver TRUE

Don't think this applies to Gambas.  It's quite common in Java for
example to use something like if (myvar != null &&
myvar.equals(somestring)) as we know that java WILL jump out of the
evaluation with FALSE as soon as it finds myvar is null (hence avoiding
the dreaded NullPointerException).  You can get java to work in a
non-short-circuited way by using & in place of && but I rarely see that
in practice.

 (only with OR - not with AND, XOR etc... of course) :-)
Well, for AND... errrm see above ;-)

Regards,
Caveat