[Gambas-user] Compiling Gambas3 on Fedora 12

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Apr 21 03:12:12 CEST 2010

> >> Thanks Benoît, finally I've discovered the package missing:
> >> gettext-devel.
> >>
> >> When I've two minutes I'll try to write down a list of the packages for
> >> fedora, considering that there's no docs about it and fedora has strange
> >> packaging conventions.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >
> > Indeed: gettext-devel and pkg-config for gtk+ should not have any
> > relation at all!
>
> I still don't know in the details the relations between the fedora
> packages and the gb components, I was reading [1] and [2] and my last
> command was
>
> yum install librsvg2-devel gettext-devel
>
> Reading the documentation on the site [1], I've concluded that gtk
> doesn't depends from librsvg2 and viceversa, maybe incorrectly?
> It's for this reason that I wrote only gettext-devel in the previous mail.
>
> Before the last command specified above, ./configure doesn't enable
> gb.gtk. After that it does.
>
> Benoît, I'm sorry, I rarely compile from sources. If You need more
> details let me know.
>
> [1] http://gambasdoc.org/help/install?view&en
> [2] http://gambasdoc.org/help/install/mandriva?view

Ha, I see now: librsvg2 is now a dependency of the GTK+ command, with cairo.
gb.gtk now has native support for SVG files! The wiki is not up to date.

If you want to create a "Fedora" page at http://gambasdoc.org/help/install, do
not hesitate!

Benoît Minisini