[Gambas-user] Did anybody try to run stepper motors through paralel port

Les Hardy les at ...2337...
Sun Apr 18 09:30:26 CEST 2010

Zelimir Ikovic wrote:
> I have VB6 program that run CNC plasma machine. It work very well and smooth under win200, but in WinXP machine motion is not good.
>
> It doesnot help if I set REALTIME prority for the process ...
>
> How about Linux and Gambas? Daes it depent on version of Linux ...
>
> What is resolution for Gambas Timer? Can I wait 10 microsec do something wait 10 microsec and so on ...
>
> Regards

Hi, First of all, I apologise for giving winxp help in a Gambas mailing
list, I will make it brief.
Parallel port access change when winxp came along. It was not so easy to
get direct access to the port, and some versions of winxp look for
devices by periodically writing to the port. This is may be the cause of
poor motion. This can be fixed by setting the 'DisableWarmPoll' key in
the registry.