[Gambas-user] EOF problem

Ed & Clare Kelm twopilots at ...2415...
Sun Apr 18 01:25:02 CEST 2010

Thanks for the quick reply!

1.  The problem is independent of the contents of the text file.

2.  I tried a more complicated test program in which there are TWO
buttons, and TWO different text files.  This behaves similarly;  most of
the time, failure of one button/file will be  accompanied by  failure of
the other, but not always.   Very occasionally, one button/file will
work, one will fail.

3.  According to Synaptics Package Manager I have the latest version of
Gambas available, called 2.8.2-1build1 - if there is a newer version,
how would I find and install it?

4.  Would it be worth trying an upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10?

Regards,

Ed K.