[Gambas-user] There are errors in the class "Key", and in the events KeyPress / KeyRelease?

Fabián Flores Vadell fabianfloresvadell at ...626...
Tue Apr 13 21:43:31 CEST 2010

> Key.Text is not guaranteed to be set during a KeyRelease.

(Do you means readed? Ok, you are look at from compiler dev perspective. Right?)

Why it's in that way?

>> Result Test (gb.qt)
>
> I think you meant gb.gtk instead.

Yes.

>> Issues in two real proyects (I'm trying to isolate the problem):
>> ---------------------------------------
>>
>> KeyPress never is raised when gb.gtk is used.
>
> No, it is raised, but Key.Code was zero.

Uhmm, I don't think so. In the project at I'm refering, event manager
is never executed. (I put a breakpoint at the beginning of event
handler and the execution flow never went there.).

The project isn't mine, and for now the code a little dirty. So, I
will try to found time for cleaning the code and isolate the problem.

>> Key.Text is lost when the event KeyRelease is raised.
>
> It is actually not lost, it is just that it should be set only during a
> KeyPress event. gb.gtk is just more clever there.

I don't understand. This a QT problem? If so, then can not be fixed?

>> KeyPress sometimes is not raised when gb.qt is used.
>
> As I said before, I didn't notice that. So if you can tell me how to reproduce
> it, it would be a great thing.

Uhhmmm, an aditional problem is the random nature of the error. But, I
try to confirm it. (Maybe it was an error of appreciation on my part).

--
Fabián Flores Vadell
www.speedbooksargentina.blogspot.com