[Gambas-user] MySQL query problems with apostropies

Keith Clark keithclark at ...2185...
Wed Apr 7 21:55:06 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 14:40 -0500, nando wrote:
> Replace will work for quote and backslash
> For double quote:
>
> doublequote$ is chr$(34)
> Replace$(mystring, chr$(34), "\" & chr$(34)
>
> But, Benoit had an email of the nice solution.
> -Fernando

I don't think this works.  This is what I get when I try it:

DescriptionTextArea.Text = Replace$(DescriptionTextArea.Text, Chr$(34),
"\" & chr$(34))"

No matter how I try to type it, it changes the ending characters and
does not interpret the chr$ function correctly.