[Gambas-user] Using SVN in gambas question

M0E Lnx m0e.lnx at ...626...
Fri Sep 25 01:40:33 CEST 2009

Yes.. I just check out the code and load the peoject.

I've had issues in the past where gambas would add the .gambas (hidden)
directory to svn. That creates a problem. So I just exclude that dir from
version control and that takes care of it

On Sep 24, 2009 6:10 PM, "Benoît Minisini" <gambas at ...1...>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 September 2009 21:36:37 you wrote: > > I have always
created the project without t...
As far as I could test, renaming files is not a problem, but renaming a
directory is.

To rename a directory, svn copies the old one to the new one, and deletes
the
old one. But it will actually delete the old one at the next commit. So you
can't rename the new directory back to its old name.

> > Another question I thought one could copy files from outside ones svn
into > the svn tree and...
You were wrong. svn deals with files only if you tell him with "svn add".

> > Also that I could delete files externally then do an update and svn
would > replace them - app...
It depends. If you delete a file without using "svn remove", then you can
use
"svn update" or, faster, "svn revert" to get the file back.

> > My svn is in a real mess at the moment and I can't commit anything even
on > the command line...
I suggest that you checkout your project in a new directory, copy your
changes
from the old ones (by using svn commands of course), and then commit from
the
new one. Then you will use it definitely, and can delete the old directory.

Benoît Minisini