[Gambas-user] How to sent a line line to a lp1 printer and form to lp0 printer directly.

charlesg charles at ...1784...
Thu Sep 24 17:17:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I tried printing line-by-line directly to the raw device and got into awful
overlapping (? buffering) problems.

I think you would be far better to create a single line text file each time
and then print it with (for example):
SHELL "cat /home/charles/tilRcpt>/dev/lp0"

It's blindingly quick and for me is absolutely reliable. As usual, I am sure
there are more elegent solutions :)

I also had to set write permission to the device in form_open something
like:
SHELL "gksu -u root 'chmod a+rw /dev/lp0'"
Its a pain to have to supply a password, but it only does it once.