[Gambas-user] Passive wait ???

M0E Lnx m0e.lnx at ...626...
Tue Sep 22 22:55:24 CEST 2009

I'm trying to implement soft of a "status bar" on my application.
When certain actions are performed, I want to display the successful
results on this status bar, rather than a pop-up message. This is an
attempt to reduce the number of clicks necessary (get annoying after a
while).

So I thought, to accomplish this, I can add a text label a the bottom
of my form, and use it as a status bar.
When a task is performed succesffully, I want it to display the
message for 5 seconds and then clear the status bar, so I thogh

tlStatusLbl.text = "Task succeeded"
wait 5
tlStatusLbl.text = ""

And that works, except that while it's in that WAIT loop, the whole
app lags, and the app doesn't move or refresh until the wait period is
over.

Does anyone know a way to send this wait to the background or another
way to implement this behaviour?