[Gambas-user] Scaling GUI

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 16 14:15:15 CEST 2009

> No, I still can't figure out, how to have scaled an item at the same time
>  in two directions. I've managed to have them scaled whether horizontally
>  or vertically. From the point of mathematics that makes no sense.

But this is a GUI designer, not mathematics. :-)

>  Would it
>  be possible to count the position of each item from the upper left edge of
>  the form, and to work with vectors? To enlarge on shrink them according to
>  the proportional change in form's width and height.

You must do that by hand.

You must register somewhere all coordinates of all controls when the form is
opened, and then change them each time the form receives a Resize event.

Beware that Width and Height should not be scaled the same way as X and Y.

Benoît Minisini