[Gambas-user] Scaling GUI

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Tue Sep 15 15:13:26 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 15 September 2009 22:01:48 M. Cs. wrote:
> Is it possible to make a GUI automatically stretched upon maximizing the
> GUI window, with all its elements?
> I mean, I have a form with edit boxes, list boxes buttons. Is it possible
> to have them proportionally scaled when I change the size of a box?
> If yes, how to do that?

that is really simple, you should spend some time looking at the properties in
the gui as described below and I attach a simple example (its in gambas3 -
using version 2 just inspect th properties. You can acheive anything you want
with the gambas IDE.

to do what you want as a simple example do this.

Set the forms arrangement property to fill and its expand propterty to true
(needed if you later embed the form - it will then expand in its container)

Put something on a form like a vbox - set its expand property to true (as per
the sample)

Put something in the Vbox like a button, set its expand property to true.

run the project, the whole lot will proportionately expand.