[Gambas-user] Is it a bug or a "feature"?

Aleksandrs Livshics aleks.l at ...1865...
Sun Sep 13 22:35:18 CEST 2009

On Sunday 13 September 2009 19:16:34 Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > Hi Gambas users.
> > I have found that in version 2.16 Draw.Ellipse does not
> > work as it was in 2.7 (my previous version).
> > In 2.16 the parameters which should specify coordinates of the
> > Ellipse centre are actually corresponding to  the upper left corner
> > of the rectangular area where ellipse is placed.
> > I think it must be a bug.
> > Aleks
>
> I think you have dreamt that: an ellipse has no center. It has two focuses.
>
> Regards,
I would prefer not to give lectures in mathematics in this forum.
I have another place to do that. However I must draw your attention
to the fact that exactly between  2 focuses is a center.A center of gravity
 if you remember some physics or a center of inversion if you prefer
symmetry. consideration.

The problem however is that the figure is placed in a wrong place in a drawing
area. To see it you can draw an ellipse in a center of a square Drawing Area
and
you will see that it is displaced in positive direction in both X an Y.
To do things simple enough for not a professional in maths make both axes
of an ellipse equal and get a circle. I hope it will convince you.