[Gambas-user] Slider problem?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 12 15:40:43 CEST 2009

> > Why? Why should mouse events "be always raised"?
>
> What if the rightmouse button has a menu option to enable/disable
> the control or you want to popup a message to tell the user it is
> disabled and will not do anything. :)

Actually you must never use Mouse events directly unless you know what you do,
because then you cannot handle the keyboard events that are associated with.

For example, if you open a popup menu inside a mouse event, that is actually a
bug. The menu won't open if you press the "Menu" keyboard button. You must use
the "Menu" event instead.

In the same way, control that must answer to a double-click have an "Activate"
event that you must use instead of "DblClick".

Benoît Minisini