[Gambas-user] Profiler for Gambas projects

Fri Sep 11 19:08:46 CEST 2009

> 5) Run a high resolution timer that increments that counter for the current
> function at the time the timer is triggered.

 How accurate high resolution timer is on Linux?

> But I hate slowing down the interpreter for such things.

 I agree, that is not good option!

> Maybe by compiling a special version of the interpreter that dumps this information?

 Can it be implemented somehow like this:

     #ifdef DEBUG
       cout << "This is the test version, i=" << i << endl;
     #else
       cout << "This is the production version!" << endl;
     #endif

Jussi