[Gambas-user] Database manager Save Table problem

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Thu Sep 10 21:07:59 CEST 2009

Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Apparently on other database systems, two index can have the same name
> provided they are on different tables.

? strange (and I'm not sure this fit in SQLs standards)

However, in PG, you can't have a doublon, either it is from tables, indexes,
sequences (exception for functions, unless args are the same) unless your
items are in different schemas.

> I will modify the postgresql driver to add the table name before each index,
> it should solve the problem.

Be careful because this is PG's standard naming system; an index is
automatically named as:
tablename_columnname_key (..._pkey for primary keys)

> And, as usual, someone finds a bug just after a new version is released. :-)

Yeah, Murphy's law is and endless PITA, just like french taxes spontaneous generation...

But cheer up, even though you're doing great ;-)

JY
--
Q:	Why do firemen wear red suspenders?
A:	To conform with departmental regulations concerning uniform dress.