[Gambas-user] Database manager Save Table problem

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Sep 10 20:17:44 CEST 2009

> I m a new Gambas2 user, and I am not sure where "little things" like
> this should be posted, so if it should be somewhere else, please let me
> know.
>
> My system is Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04, Gambas2-2.15.2, Postgresql
>
> In the Database Manager, when I save changes to a table which has an
> index defined, I get an error message that the index already exists.
>
> Looking at the code, in FTable.class, function WriteTable,  there are
> two WriteTableDef  calls, the first which creates a temporary table
> (which it deletes afterward), and then a call to write the actual table.
>
> Postgres evidently requires index names to be unique within the
> database, so the create of the temporary table fails as it tries to
> create another index with the same name, and which of course then it
> does not process the write of the actual table.

Apparently on other database systems, two index can have the same name
provided they are on different tables.

I will modify the postgresql driver to add the table name before each index,
it should solve the problem.

And, as usual, someone finds a bug just after a new version is released. :-)

Benoît Minisini