[Gambas-user] ReturnValue

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Mon Sep 7 10:19:40 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag, den 06.09.2009, 16:10 -0600 schrieb Dimitris Anogiatis:
> hey charlie,
>
> Are you talking about return values on a console-type?
>  I think all you have to do is use Print.
>
> It will also work on a gui-program if you run it through a terminal.
>
> I hope it helps (unless I missed something)
>
> Regards,
> Dimitris
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Charlie Reinl <Karl.Reinl at ...9...> wrote:
>
> > Salut,
> >
> > how can I have a returned Value from a gambas-program?
> > Something like a Filename.
> >
> > I mean a can a gambas-program which closes returns a value.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie

Salut Dimitris,

yes I talk about gui-program.
I tried a simple RETURN <Filename> , but gambas2 had no idea to handle
that.

I asked for that, because I need a management for a program which stores
his results in files on the disk.

First I thouoght to call it with exec, so I can pass the File as
argument, but I had no return if changes where made or the file saved
under new name, or wich name if it is a new one.

Now I will try to use the program as a component, I embed it into a form
of the new management part, I can't pass the file as argu, but between
NEW and Open I can pass the files name.
So I will do for the return.

Thanks anyway
Charlie