[Gambas-user] Video Player example

Hartmut Eilers hartmut at ...2307...
Mon Oct 26 20:51:56 CET 2009

Hallo List,

> >> for my Video project I need a video player which plays a video
> >> in a unvisible DrawingArea where I can grab a picture contolled
> >> by a timer. I want to show the grabbed image in a smaller preview
> >> window where one can apply effects. When pressing a button all
> >>effects should bei applied to the grabbed images in their original size
> >> and saved as a sequence of pictures.

> @Ron_1st
>The dummy control i.e. a frame/panel should be on top of the DrawingArea.
>Resize it in code to the dimension of the DrawingArea.
>I'have don this to and should work.
>Just one question, the drawing you use is it a mplayer screen?
>The same way as the movieplayer from the gambas example kit?
>If so then it can be the reason why it is not working now.

>One other method I think about is position the DrawingArea.left
>and DrawingArea.top at negative position on the form or make
>the left and/or top greater so it s outside the form, if allowed,

It is a version of the gambas movie player example using mplayer.
Your suggestions to put a dummy frame/panel above had the same
result as seen on my screenshot, it overlapped and is seen on the
preview.

moving the drawing area in the off by using negative coordinates had
the effect, that the screen at those coordinates was dumped. So I had
different windows on my preview.

Its like you said, grab() is a screenshot of the x-window area of the
component.

I tried a picturebox instead of the drawing area, and tried to access the
Picture with PictureBox.Picture but the result is always null.
>From my point of view that means, that mplayer doesn't write to
the component, instead it writes to the area of the component in the
x server.

Does anybody have an idea how to play a video inside gambas and
how to access images from that video in order to resize them or
apply effects?

Does anybody know how to modify  the mplayer example to really write
to the  PictureBox not to the area of the PictureBox ?

Thanks and regards
Hartmut