[Gambas-user] Video Player example

Hartmut Eilers hartmut at ...2307...
Sun Oct 25 23:35:51 CET 2009

Hallo Gambas Users,

>> for my Video project I need a video player which plays a video
>> in a unvisible DrawingArea where I can grab a picture contolled
>> by a timer. I want to show the grabbed image in a smaller preview
>> window where one can apply effects. When pressing a button all
>>effects should bei applied to the grabbed images in their original size
>> and saved as a sequence of pictures.

Werner suggested:
>DrawingArea.Visible = FALSE or
>DrawingArea.Hide

sorry I tried both, but that didn't work, the drawingarea stays visible

Doriano suggested:
>If this does not work, you can try to put some other graphic element
>above (on top) the drawingarea...

this doesn't work too, because the drawingarea.grab commands grabs
also the elements on top of the drawingarea, not only the contents of
the drawing area as you can see on the attached screenshot.

to give you a short explanation of the app:
the yellow marked area is the drawing area for the video player in
the original size of the video. marked green is the video player with
its smaller preview picturebox. orange are the smaller previews and
controls of 2 usb cams and red is marked the recording preview, which
shows in a smaller preview what is recorded to disk. with the record
radio buttons you can select which source is recorded. despite of the
showed size all recordings are done with a resolution of 352x288 pixel.
as you can see in the green preview the grab method grabs whats visible
of the drawingarea, not the actual contents, its like a screenshot.

thats the reason why Dorianos idea doesn't work.

@Ron_1st
I try to get better in my postings ;)

Are there any hints or ideas how to tackle my problem ?

I use Gambas 2.7 as distributed with Ubuntu 8.10