[Gambas-user] set of questions

Wed Oct 21 13:38:42 CEST 2009

Faysal Banna ha scritto:
> Doriano...
>
> do you have a sample src package of what you have just explained ?
> can u share a simple running example with source files and forms ?

About what? I suppose about running a gambas app out of a usb stick?
Never tried but, if this is your request, I can try.

I played a bit, but it does not work. The path "lib/gambasX" seems to be
hardcoded in the gbx executable.
I discovered that there are two environment variables, LD_PRELOAD and
GAMBAS_PRELOAD. The first is well known - it forces to preload the
indicated libraries, and it works; but then gambas crashes. The second
one does not seem to do anything; I peeked in the sources, but I didn't
understand what's the trick - copy GAMBAS_PRELOAD to LD_PRELOAD, then
copy it back again and unset the other...

May be I am missing something, but for what I have seen, there is no way
to load the required library from a path different than the one compiled-in.

Regards,
Doriano