[Gambas-user] Really weird socket problem

Kad Mann nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...
Tue Oct 20 10:07:35 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 10:19 -0500, nando wrote:
> My experience over the years with Gambas and really odd issues
> that appears to point to Gambas failing always (ALWAYS!) was that
> Gambas did not fail, but something else broke.
> Unless you have a hard drive failure, bad cable, etc, your Gambas
> is almost certainly working just fine. Something else changed
> somewhere else.
> Try telneting from a shell to what you want.
> Remember, windows update can reset firewalls, add rules
> do things and change settings and never ask you.
> Look there first.  You'll find windows is probably the issue.

Windows can't be the problem because the client and the proxy are on the
linux box. The client is not communicating with the proxy over a socket.
The server is on Windows and has nothing to do with the issue.

Nevertheless, thanks for trying.