[Gambas-user] make Label background from Database field

Sun Oct 18 09:08:17 CEST 2009

Kad Mann ha scritto:
> On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 22:46 +0300, Vassilis K wrote:
>

>> Dimitri I don't understand
>>

> Why don't you take a look at the database example in Gambas?
>
> After creating the test table, if you type in an SQL command and click
> the run button, you will see a gridview with a myriad colours that can
> be changed based on the data. Surely something like that has to be
> easier than trying to work out how to manage a hundred labels on a
> screen, and surely it will offer you much better and easier control of
> future UI changes, and surely it will offer a more pleasing and
> intuitive presentation to your user.

"Surely something like that has to be easier" and "surely much better
and easier control".
Yes and no, and once again you have to submit yourself to someone else
taste, using components designed for something else.
Here the problem is a little different, look more carefully at the whole
thread. We are trying to do whatever we want on a UI, based on data in a
database. Something far more general than what you are depicting.

Vassilis: perhaps I got it (night could have brought good advice)!

May be that gambas get confused by:

    change_bgcolor("Label" & rsThesi!thesi)

I don't know why, but this seems to be a bug in gambas. But using a
temporary variable:

    iTemp = rsThesi!thesi	' an integer temporary variable
    change_bgcolor("Label" & iTemp)

it should work. If this does not work, then try once more this:

    sTemp = CStr(rsThesi!thesi)	' a string variable
    change_bgcolor("Label" & sTemp)

If neither this works, then only Benoit can tell what's going on.

Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."