[Gambas-user] loading image

Matti math.eber at ...221...
Sat Oct 17 13:26:14 CEST 2009

I want to display Thumbnails of JPEGs.

As Image.Load(Path) and Picture.Load(Path) require a path, right now I do:
- extract the Thumbnail from JPEG with a SHELL command
- save it to disk as thumb_nnn.jpg
- read it again from disk with Image.Load(Path).

This is a complicated way and takes really long time if there are many JPEGs in a folder.

So I try to load the output of the SHELL command directly into an Image.
But then, Gambas says "Wanted Image, got String instead".
So, the output of the SHELL command comes in as a String.
What now?

Any way to convert this String into an Image?
Anybody any ideas?

Thanks, Matti