[Gambas-user] make Label background from Database field

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Fri Oct 16 23:48:10 CEST 2009

Vassili,

you might also want to take a look at

The Gridview control
http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.qt/gridview

and the Tableview control
http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.form/tableview

perhaps one of those two is a better approach than manipulating individual
labels

If you still want to experiment with your original label approach then this
might help

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
 DIM i AS Integer
 DIM rsThesi AS Result
 DIM iD AS Long
  MODMain.Connect()
   rsThesi = MODMain.$Con.exec("select * from egrafes where elenchosAnax =
0")

'Move rsThesi to the first position
rsThesi.MoveFirst
      WHILE rsThesi.Index < rsThesi.Count
               SELECT CASE rsThesi!thesi
                       CASE 1
                               Label1.Background = Color.Red
                       CASE 2
                               Label2.Background = Color.Red
                       CASE 3
                               Label3.Background = Color.Red
..........................etc up to Label100
               END SELECT
               'Move rsThesi to the next record
               rsThesi.MoveNext
       WEND

END

your previous code didn't work because you weren't moving through rsThesi's
records
one by one, you only checked the first one. this code should work...

if I may add my 2 cents worth of programming wisdom, 100 labels can easily
be replaced
by a gridview and it would be a bit more visually appealing to the end user
but it's up to you
and what works best for you.

I hope this helps
Keep up the good work