[Gambas-user] serial port

Robert JUHASZ robert1juhasz at ...626...
Tue Oct 13 18:09:18 CEST 2009

Hello,

At the end it works almost fine to try to open the serial port and if no
error I suppose that it works.
Now I try to use it. I do the same for ttyS0..S9.

On the ttyS0 it finds the serial port correctly, on the S1, S3-S9 it finds
out that there is no serial port.
On the ttyS2 it finds something (no error when I open). I don't know what it
is and no idea how to find out.

For those where I found the port, I ask for the equipment ID to identify if
it's there or not. OK for the S0, but the ttyS2 completely freeze and when I
try to close the port there is no reaction.

In such a case (TRY mySerialPort.close --- no response, no error message but
the program frozen) is there any way to stop the process with a timeout or
does anyone has an ide ho to handle it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Robi