[Gambas-user] best way to monitor remote URL/file in gambas2

M0E Lnx m0e.lnx at ...626...
Mon Oct 12 17:34:15 CEST 2009

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this guys.

I want an application that can monitor a remote file or URL. For
example, the following url

http://irssi.org/files/

I want to run the program, and notify me if the contents of that dir
have changed since the last time it was checked. The comparison I can
manage in gambas, but I need your help in figuring out how to access
the contents of that directory from gambas.

Has anyone done anything like this or can anyone throw some ideas this
way please?