[Gambas-user] gambase and modbus

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Sat Oct 3 11:13:18 CEST 2009

Doriano Blengino a écrit :
> I wrote in C, some time ago, an embedded application using modbus on RS-422.
> It is not a difficult matter, at least the part I was interested in - my
> device acted as a server, and a MMI (a touch screen LCD panel) was
> attached to it.

Oops, my fault, I forgot to tell precisions:
* It is in fact ModBus TCP,
* I'll use it for a HA cluster that'll retrieve info from some concentrators
  (900 sensors dispatched on 4 concentrators)

> If you are interested in, I can send some C source code and perhaps the
> official documentation I used to write it (available for free in the
> Internet). I don't remember if my implementation was "full" or had only
> the relevant part, but it was simple and short enough to be translated
> easily to gambas; there was only the CRC-32 (or whatever checksum) which
> was a little CPU intensive, but I suppose an i386 computer has far more
> power than a poor embedded microcontroller...

Thanks Doriano, but I think I've found what I need:
I already retrieve docs from modbus.org, and find OpenSCADA (written in C++)
that seems to be ok to do the trick.
I only need to make some tests, and asked the hardware installer to try to
get a simulator from his supplier.

JY
--
You will think of something funnier than this to add to the fortunes.