[Gambas-user] gambase and modbus

Sat Oct 3 09:35:32 CEST 2009

Jean-Yves F. Barbier ha scritto:
> Werner a écrit :
>
>> Depends on what you use it for, it's not free for commercial purposes.
>>
>> You have propably seen
>> http://copyleft.free.fr/wordpress/index.php/libmodbus/
>>

> Thanks Werner, this look interesting.
>
> But AFAIK, GPLv3 & LGPLv3 don't forbid commercial use as far as you provide
> a meaning to get all sources to the client (for short, it's better to supply
> compiled AND source:) and retain the copyleft and credits to original creators.
>
> JY

I wrote in C, some time ago, an embedded application using modbus on RS-422.
It is not a difficult matter, at least the part I was interested in - my
device acted as a server, and a MMI (a touch screen LCD panel) was
attached to it.
If you are interested in, I can send some C source code and perhaps the
official documentation I used to write it (available for free in the
Internet). I don't remember if my implementation was "full" or had only
the relevant part, but it was simple and short enough to be translated
easily to gambas; there was only the CRC-32 (or whatever checksum) which
was a little CPU intensive, but I suppose an i386 computer has far more
power than a poor embedded microcontroller...
Unfortunately this material is in the computers at work, I have not it
here at home, but the next monday I can fetch them.

Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."