[Gambas-user] Make installation package ?

Jarkko Härmä jarkko.harma at ...2239...
Thu Oct 1 18:13:30 CEST 2009

Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Moi .
>>

> ???
>

>> If i do that, i get an error : tar 1.13 not installed. Ok i have tar
>> 1.19 but why a specific
>> version of tar ??
>>
>> -Jarkko
>>

> Because Slackware requires that! But apparently it changed in the last version
> of Slackware, but I didn't update Gambas yet.
>
> I'm not a Slackware user, so I don't know why tar.1.13 is required.
>
> To workaround that, just create a symbolic link in your executable path named
> "tar-1.13" that points at your real version of 'tar'.
>
> Regards,

And then its even more tricky...... I tried to make package of the
serial port example:

Creating package for Ubuntu.
Making build directory.
Creating desktop file...
Sources are being debianizated.
Creating package...
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage: source package serialport
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0-0
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by benoit <benoit at ...2303...>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
 debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -Rf `find . -name ".gambas"`
rm -Rf `find . -name "*.gambas"`
rm -f build-stamp install-stamp
dh_clean
dh_clean: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
 dpkg-source -b serialport
dpkg-source: error: source package name `SerialPort' contains illegal
character `S'
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: dpkg-source -b serialport gave error exit
status 255
The package build has failed.
Package.MakeDebPackage.424: 'dpkg-buildpackage' has failed.

The illegal character comes from any name

-Jarkko