[Gambas-user] packaging

Thu Oct 1 12:05:36 CEST 2009

yuhej ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not very far from being able to test my first Gambas application. It
> works from the IDE, also the executable on my PC.
> I try to make a package to test it on a "virgin" ubuntu but I haven't
> succeeded. I got an error message like that:
> Creating package for Ubuntu.
> Making build directory.
> Creating desktop file...
> Sources are being debianizated.
> Creating package...
> sh: fakeroot: not found
> The package build has failed.
> Package.MakeDebPackage.531: 'dpkg-buildpackage' has failed.
>
> Is there anything misiing from my system, I made a mistake or is this a bug?
> Thanks for your help.

Look at "sh: fakeroot: not found".
This is the classical error about missing files/commands, so I think
that you miss "fakeroot".

Search the repository for a package named fakeroot or something like
that, and install it.

I also think that the person who packaged gambas for your distribution
(Ubuntu?) made an error, because gambas should "require" fakeroot.

Regards,
Doriano