[Gambas-user] Null Object

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Nov 28 20:03:14 CET 2009

> 2009/11/28 Kadaitcha Man <nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...>:
> > 2009/11/28 Charlie Reinl <Karl.Reinl at ...9...>:
> >> sent you 2 script (make them executable)
>
> I'm fairly certain I got it right without the scripts because gambas
> came up as 2.18. Nevertheless   I will uninstall gambas and try your
> scripts. I got the same error in the version that said it was 2.18. I
> assume Benoit forked from 2.18.

Did you do exactly something like that?

$ mkdir gambas

$ cd gambas

$ svn checkout
https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/branches/2.0

$ cd 2.0

$ ./reconf && ./configure -C

# There you must check that all components will be compiled. The configure
# script prints a message after having done all its stuff.
# For that, you must install all needed development packages, which depends
# on your distribution. Look at "Compilation & Installation..." in the wiki
# for more informations.
# Note: only gb.qte is useless.

$ make

$ sudo make install # on Ubuntu
$ su -c "make install" # on Mandriva

Otherwise, you should learn a bit what is subversion and what configure
scripts are, if you don't know yet.

Benoît Minisini