[Gambas-user] Problem building Gambas3 on openSUSE 11.2

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 27 22:44:54 CET 2009

> >> Update:
> >> I have built Gambas3 with Suse11.1/qt3 and Suse11.2/qt4 side by side.
> >> On 11.1 moc is found in /usr/lib/qt3/bin/
> >>
> >> On 11.2 moc is in /usr/bin (for Qt Creator, very nice, btw) and also in
> >> /usr/lib64/qt4/bin
> >> but it is not found. I've tried
> >> ./configure --with-moc=/usr/lib64/qt4/bin/moc but that made no
> >> difference.
> >>
> >> I can build and run an example program with Qt Creator so the building
> >> apps all seem to be there.
> >>
> >> Also, there does not seem to be any libqt-mt.so in qt4.
> >>

> >> Best Regards
> >>
> >> Werner
> >
> > What are you talking about? Compiling gb.qt (Qt3) or compiling gb.qt4
> > (Qt4)?
> >
> > Qt3 moc is found by searching in a list of hard-coded directories.
> >
> > Qt4 moc is found by using pkg-config.
> >
> > So please be clearer so that I can see what happens exactly!
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Suse 11.2 comes with Qt 4.5.3 which is what I would prefer to use.
>
> Regards,
> Werner

You don't decide! The gb.qt component needs Qt3, and the gb.qt4 component
needs Qt4. And I don't see where you have a problem: if Qt3 is not installed
on your system, you won't have any gb.qt.* components: gb.qt, gb.qt.ext,
gb.qt.opengl, gb.qt.kde...

Benoît Minisini