[Gambas-user] escape a picture

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Wed Nov 25 00:33:53 CET 2009

Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can I escape a picture in order to insert it into a BYTEA
>> postgresql data field?
>>

> Normally, if the postgresql field datatype is BYTEA, the gb.db component will
> see it as a blob.
>
> Let's suppose the field name is "Picture". You will do:
>
> MyResult!Picture = File.Load("/path/to/picture/file")
>
> Is it what you need?

NO, I need the opposite:
sqlQry = "SELECT MyTable_ins(MyPicture);

where MyTable_ins(TEXT) is a stored PLPGSQL procedure that do
an indirect insert into myschema.mytable

--
Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it.