[Gambas-user] Gambas as firefox plugin !!!

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Nov 24 19:26:01 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 November 2009 11:23 am, José Luis Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> That's the idea behind of GWT [1] or Pyjama [2], and I can assure you
>  that both are good project, and GWT is very succesfully and is making
>  me thinking of migrate some of my gambas applications to a web
>  interface, even if I have to use Java (which I wouldn't say it's a
>  language I love) to do the user frontend.

I did write a script in 2004 to generate DHTML widgets out of Gambas 1.0
forms (HTML + Javascript + CSS + some perl CGI code -- the term "Ajax"
hadn't been coined yet), but simply taking desktop apps and throwing them
on a web page really didn't work that well as a user interface paradigm.
But I forgot about GWT.  I should have a look at the code it generates to
see how awful it is, but it's still strange to me to think of a high-level
interpreted language as a compilation target.

Rob