[Gambas-user] keep forms into a form

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue Nov 24 10:17:27 CET 2009

2009/11/24  <nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...>:
> Jean-Yves F. Barbier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a manner to keep my forms into my main form?
>> other than using a workspace that apparently force children
>> to appear as tabs.
>> And to have them as icons (or anything else) into this main
>> form when minimized?
>
> Rob wrote one for Gambas 1x some years ago as an add-on. I have no idea if
> it's been maintained so you'll have to wait for him to comment on that bit.
>
> Gambas, and rightly so IMO, chose to stay away from the traditional MDI
> interface, probably because they feel the same way about MDI as I do. My
> opinion is [CENSORED].

Right !

in the gb1 version, the workspace component was like the windows one
... with child windows.. in a working area...

But it was too hardly linked to qt ... and not really used in Linux
common interfaces... So Benoit and many of us, after a long long
exchange of mail, have take the decision to use a tabbed MDI
interface... Like you can see in the gambas ide, gedit, kate, quanta,
web broswers, etc

So, i think you can try to construct your interface around this idea