[Gambas-user] Setting a checkbox value

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Nov 22 15:30:15 CET 2009

> nospam.nospam.nospam wrote:
> > You'd be saying exactly the opposite if gambas was badly designed and
> > didn't
> > generate the event on a coded change when you needed it to. You would
> > have no way in hell of easily detecting it, not ever. Besides that,
> > firing events
> > for code-set attributes is normal practice in a GUI. All you need do is
> > set
> > a flag and test it in the event code.
>
> Using that theory one should expect that changing a forms Title should fire
> the Activate event or changing a textbox's content should fire the Change
> event.  I think not.
>
> What I do in code in entirely my responsibility.  IMHO that includes
>  raising events when I desire, not killing off events when I don't desire
>  them.

No, because you break the control encapsulation then. Events are "owned" by
the control, not by the code using it. Only him decideds when he raises its
events.

> I found your reply of no value and would ask that you please ignore any
>  post from myself in the future.

nospam x 3 is always a bit rude. I told him that it is useless to do that on a
mailing-list, but apparently he does not see why. Please don't enter the game
of who has the biggest ones. :-) Or do that privately!

Benoît Minisini