[Gambas-user] Setting a checkbox value

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Nov 22 15:26:17 CET 2009

> > bbb888 ha scritto:
> > > Benoit,
> > >
> > > Why oh why should setting checkbox value in code generate a click
> > > event?
> > >
> > > bruce
> >
> > I join.
> > I think that events should be fired by user, never by code.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Why should we make a difference between the user and the code? Most of the
> time it is useless, so when you need that, just block events explicitely.
>
> Regards,

To give more details about my point of view...

1) You cannot know that an event comes "from the user" in every case.

2) This time, I agree with nospam x 3 :-). If events coming from the user do
not raise events, how could you catch them when needed? After many years of
GUI programming, I find my way the better one.

3) It is more consistent to always raise events, as do the underlying toolkits
used by Gambas, than sometimes raising them, especially when you can't be sure
that an event comes from the user or not.

Benoît Minisini