[Gambas-user] SetFocus on DataBrowser

nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626... nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...
Sun Nov 22 11:11:48 CET 2009

Okie dokey, this one is giving me so much heartburn that even rude
suggestions are welcome.

There is a form with a tab control (tsMain) that has a number of tabs.

There is code in tsMain_Click that sets the focus to the default control on
the tab that was selected.

If the default control is, say, a ComboBox, the ComboBox will immediately
accept keystrokes such as up and down arrow, which is correct.

If the default control is a DataBrowser, the DataBrowser will not accept
keystrokes. It must be clicked before it will accept keystrokes.

How do I get the the DataBrowser to accept keystrokes so that user does not
have to click the control first?

An example replicating the behaviour is attached. The database will need to
be copied into /tmp/.