[Gambas-user] Split

yuhej robert1juhasz at ...626...
Sun Nov 22 10:03:48 CET 2009

Hello,

The Split function baheves strange for me.
I receive data fon an equipment throu RS232 and I need to extract the
information from a string.

The data groups are separated by 4 chr(10) character (originally it was 2
CrLf but when reading in Gambas it became 4 chr(10) - this is also strange).

So I take the string and I use Split(myString, chr(10) & chr(10) & chr(10) &
chr(10)).
The result is the same what as I use Split(myString, chr(10)), so the first
character only:
0. item is one data
1,2,3. item empty
4. item data
5, 6, 7. empty
etc.

To solve the problem I used Replace function to replace the 4 chr(10) with
only one character and the Split function on the redefined string - so
finally my code works.

Please let me know if this is a bug, a normal behaviour or I have made a
mistake when using the Split function.

Regards, Robi