[Gambas-user] Setting a checkbox value

bbb888 bbruen at ...2308...
Sun Nov 22 09:07:55 CET 2009

nospam.nospam.nospam wrote:

> You'd be saying exactly the opposite if gambas was badly designed and
> didn't
> generate the event on a coded change when you needed it to. You would have
> no way in hell of easily detecting it, not ever. Besides that, firing
> events
> for code-set attributes is normal practice in a GUI. All you need do is
> set
> a flag and test it in the event code.

Using that theory one should expect that changing a forms Title should fire
the Activate event or changing a textbox's content should fire the Change
event.  I think not.

What I do in code in entirely my responsibility.  IMHO that includes raising
events when I desire, not killing off events when I don't desire them.

I found your reply of no value and would ask that you please ignore any post
from myself in the future.
tia
bruce